Wednesday, December 26, 2018

If the Whale can do it, so can I!

This Saturday I woke up not wanting to swim.  I didn't want to get out of bed. It seemed like too much of a hassle.

BUT, I had promised a friend that I'd be there, and say hello.  So I got out of bed. I wasn't sure I was going to swim, as I just wasn't feeling it. BUT I put on my swimsuit, just in case.

I got to the beach, and told my friends I wasn't feeling it. I didn't think I was going to swim. I've shown up before thinking I wouldn't swim, and always did. But this time was different. I just didn't want to.

We posed for the photo.



Then, folks started getting ready. I did not.  I drank more of my hot chocolate. Then, someone yelled "Orca!".  Immediately, everyone turned toward the water-- scanning for any indication of a whale.

And there it was. Not an Orca, but a Humpback.  I watched it surface a few times. I saw the blow. It was beautiful, and swimming.

I figured, if the Whale could swim today, so could I.

So I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment