Friday, January 4, 2019

New Year Swim- 2019

People like to spend New Year's day doing something fun, unusual, or signficant.  New Year's 2000 (Y2K-- remember when we worried about that?) I started a 5 mile run at midnight. The motto was "Y2K can keep computers from running, but it can't keep us from running", but probably phrased in a catchier way.

As has become my habit, this year was started with a wonderful swim at Alki with the Notorious Alki Swimmers.  We had large turnout. Bigger than a usual weekend swim.


This is my fourth winter swimming at Alki. I have made wonderful friends along the way.


I'm not one to make resolutions. I gave up the diet mindset years ago. And in general I eat healthy and am not one to overspend. I also have realized that setting mile goals for a year can lead to injury.

At the same time, my goal from however many years ago, when I started this blog, was only accomplished when I joined a community.  This year, if I make it to spring, it will be accomplished four-fold.

Thank you to this wonderful community for helping me get there. And Happy 2019 to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment