Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas Day Swim

Since we had the time off work, I decided to swim on December 25th.  About five of the Notorious Alki Swimmers showed up, one for the first time.  Because it was both not a work day and not a Saturday, my husband joined and took some great photos.


That's us taking a pre-swim selfie.  You can always tell the "skin" swimmers because they are still wearing street clothes in the pre-swim photo.

Then we got in.


See how I appear to be shuddering in that photo.  Yeah. It was cold. But I swam.


I actually did more face-in swimming than the last time. The water was murky, so I couldn't see much.  And the waves were stronger than they appeared.  The tide was in, so they were hitting the seawall and coming back at me. And therefore there was a bit of a "dishwasher" effect.


But it was a beautiful day to be out!!  Water, approximately 50*.  Air 39*.  Time in the water- 20 min.


No comments:

Post a Comment