Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Swimming into Spring

My favorite aunt (just kidding, I love them all equally) lives just outside of San Diego. I try to get to see her about twice a year, because she's a awesome lady and she lives in a sunny paradise. I was down there the third week of March, just in time to see spring spring fourth.

For some reason, I'd never been to La Jolla.  This is a problem that I'm glad I have now rectified.  How could I possibly have missed Seal Beach? The sign warned against selfies with seals.


So of course I took one-- though you can see I did so from a safe distance.


I was also impressed to see the seals nursing their pups. I know that seals are mammals, but on some level it had never occurred to me that they would nurse. Yes, mammals nurse. I get that, I just never actually connected it in my head.  It was awesome to see them.

In La Jolla, it wasn't just the seals that were showing off their young.  These Cormorants were, as well as the Pelicans. Spring was busting out all over.


On the swimming front, I spent a lovely afternoon at the beach with my spouse, aunt and her companion. I got to swim while they sat on the beach.


And true to fashion, we had ice cream after!


Bonus photo from the trip-- this was in a bar we went to for trivia. Good advice for all!



And bonus bonus photo, with my historic fear of flying, I was proud to take this photo at take off from SEATAC.  That's my friend, Mt. Rainier.



No comments:

Post a Comment