Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Kitsilano Pool AKA: My happy place

It was a three day weekend in the US, so the spouse and I took off for territories north to visit friends and family and eat vegan dim sum. One of my favorite things to do in the summer in Vancouver, BC is swim in the Kitsilano Pool. This pool is 137 meters long, salt water, outdoor on the beach, and absolute bliss.

The pool is so large I struggled to get a photo that showed the whole thing.


The water was perfect. Just warm enough to swim but not overheat. Clean. Clear. Only mildly salty. It was windy outside which made it a little cold when I got out. But perfect while swimming.

I did a mileish of laps, with 274 of just kicking. I've been wanting to improve my kick strength. The lap swimming is done by staying to the right of the two black lines you can see in the photo. Slower people go outside, faster inside. You can cross inside the line to pass if you need to.  Generally it was pretty well organized, even with a few dozen people swimming.  The pool is so long, you get spread out!

This pool is always on my list of places to go when I visit Vancouver between May Long Weekend and Labor Day!




2 comments:

  1. Just finished my last summer laps at Kits pool. Nice long laps all day with maybe 25 other swimmers (some of those kits fitness gurus are on another level I must say). What a dream. Enjoy your swimming journey, I'll keep an eye out for you next season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished my last summer laps at Kits pool. Nice long laps all day with maybe 25 other swimmers (some of those kits fitness gurus are on another level I must say). What a dream. Enjoy your swimming journey, I'll keep an eye out for you next season.

    ReplyDelete