Friday, April 8, 2016

Strong Current

Back to Alki. Water temp about 50. Air temp about 50. It takes me a loooong time to get in the water, but I'm know I'll be happy when I do. So I do.  The current is strong. My half mile out and back takes about 40 min, 30 out, 10 back! I spend the rest of the day hungry, but happy!

I want to work on my refueling. Take a sandwich with me to the beach. I think part of why I'm SO hungry the rest of the day, is that by the time I change, get home, take a rewarming bath, take a shower and eat, it has been as much as 90 min since I got out of the water. I need to cut that time down.

The good news is that even with the longer time in the water, I'm not losing too much body heat.  My temperature was 95 after the swim.  Still in what I consider a "safe" zone.


No comments:

Post a Comment